LIVING NATURE Skincare from New Zealand.
Living Nature is New Zealand's original, certified natural skincare company. The company was founded in 1987 by Suzanne Hall, who was inspired by the healing properties of New Zealand native plants to remedy her own skin conditions.
All our certified natural skincare and most of our cosmetics are made at our purpose-built Kerikeri facility in the pristine Bay of Islands. From this base, we control every step of product development, formulation, testing, and filling. We are passionate about the benefits of nature, and are committed to our philosophy of 'nature works' as the basis for developing skincare and cosmetics that work in harmony with our skin.
Geographically isolated for more than 80 million years, New Zealand has developed a natural landscape unlike anywhere else on earth. More than 80% of New Zealand's native plants are indigenous and many have remarkable bioactive properties. Sourced from forests, lands and seas, Living Nature's active ingredients come from the most potent of these unique plants.
We have harnessed the purifying, healing and nourishing power of New Zealand's native botanicals, the following key ones of which we term our 'hero ingredients': Harakeke Flax Gel, Totarol, Manuka Honey, Manuka Oil, Hallo Clay, and Kelp. The properties of these plants are known for their healing, purifying and nourishing qualities. When combined, they create some of the safest, purest and most effective certified natural skincare in the world.
The astonishing properties of these plants work with your skin's natural function to protect, repair and nourish, without the side effects of harsh, dangerous or damaging chemicals. But we don't stop there. Every harvest of our raw ingredients and every product batch is rigorously tested for purity and safety. Our products reflect the country from which they were developed, and are made of and in New Zealand.
Today, Living Nature has a strong base of New Zealand stockists and exports to 14 countries. We service our trans-Tasman Australian customers from New Zealand and have committed distributors servicing other export markets including UK, Netherlands, Germany, USA, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Hong Kong and Turkey.
Our mission has remained unchanged for the past 30 years:
"To create a sustainable, profitable, ecological, educational and inspirational business that impacts on the individual by promoting healthy vibrant skin; on the community by creating employment; on the country by featuring the uniqueness of our plant resources and earning export income; on the world by being a model of ethical,honourable business and solving inherent 21st century problems in a way that inspires the human spirit."
Our Circle of Trust
Our logo isn't just a symbol. Since 1987 it's been a promise to provide you with the world's most natural, safe and effective skin care.
Living Nature has a unique and identifiable logo. The name ‘Living Nature’ reflects our commitment to the planet and to providing truly natural, healthy products. ‘Living’ reflects the plants, processes and our human form, and ‘Nature’ encompasses all life force on the planet.
Our roundel logo reflects the complex, never-ending cycle of life and is based on the koru. The koru is linked to the New Zealand fern plant, the shoot of which has a curled-over tip which unfurls and becomes a fern leaf. The koru reaches toward the light, striving for new, positive beginnings. There are two koru forms in the logo: the small one, unfurling, symbolises the potential for all living things to grow. The larger one represents a wave in all its power, turning and crashing, reflecting the cycle of the sea and all life in how the wave breaks and forms again: nature’s cycles repeated.
When you see our logo on a product, you can trust that it has been made with absolute integrity and honesty to nurture your skin, protect your health, and protect your planet:
- We use only 100% natural ingredients, preservatives and fragrances, and our full range is certified natural by BDIH Germany.
- If there is any question about an ingredient's safety, we will not use it. Every Living Nature product undergoes rigorous testing for purity and safety to ensure we remain free of any potentially damaging chemicals or toxins. Our products are independently verified for safety, plus we have one of the best ratings in the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database. Our policy: if there is any doubt about the safety of an ingredient, we don’t use it.
- Our packaging is recyclable, and free from Bisphenol-A (BPA), Phthalates. Paper and cartons are sourced from renewable, managed forests and, like our inks, are free from dioxin and elemental chlorine.
- Our Kerikeri facility uses energy from a New Zealand power supplier that generates renewable energy from wind and water (hydro) and we harvest our own filtered rainwater.
- We use no animal products, other than beeswax, honey and lactose obtained using industry best-practice methods.
We will never test our products on animals.